Fire on Center Street in Vienna Caused by Lamp
Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department units responded to a house fire, Sunday, November 20, 2011, at approximately 11:30 a.m., in the Town of Vienna. The single-family home is located at 405 Center Street, North.
Firefighters encountered smoke and fire coming from the basement to the rear of the two-story home upon arrival. Firefighters brought the fire under control in approximately 20 minutes.Â An outside rear deck was also damaged by the fire originating in the basement. Two adults and one juvenile have been displaced. Red Cross assistance was not necessary. There were no injuries.
Damage is estimated at $50,000.
According to fire investigators, the fire was accidental. A lamp in the basement too close to combustibles started the fire.
Short URL: http://www.news.synavista.com/?p=15368